December 4-6, 2018
Venue: NC State University
The Nonwovens Institute, 1020 Main Campus Drive
Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
The course investigates the corporate tools and methodologies used in implementing a successful product development process from concept to commercialization. The course integrates the relationships, perspectives and team dependencies between engineering, manufacturing, purchasing and marketing disciplines. There is no pre-requisite area of study to attend the course.
Participants will benefit with clear understandings of the successes and barriers within the product development process. How the role of the individual, team and area of discipline contributes to the process will be examined.
Topics covered include:
– Stage-gate theory of product development and design of experiment
– Nonwovens process and product review
– Nonwovens markets, market research, trends
– Due diligence: product and market
– Product viability and abandonment
– Processes to create a product
– Product and organization protection