Home News Global exports of terry towels have reduced

Global exports of terry towels have reduced

16
World exports of terry towels go low in 2019

The global trade of terry towelling and similar terry fabrics of cotton has been reduced in the year 2019. Total trade slightly increased 1.26 per cent from $157.34 million in 2017 to $159.33 million in 2019, according to data from TexPro. The total trade of terry fabrics of cotton has declined 11.67 per cent in 2019 over the previous year.

 Further, the trade is anticipated to surge to $163.63 million in 2022 with a rate of 2.70 per cent from 2019, according to Fibre2Fashion’s market analysis tool TexPro.

 The global export of terry fabrics of cotton was $75.50 million in 2017, which fell 5.57 per cent to $71.30 million in 2019. Total exports dropped 19.62 per cent in 2019 over the previous year and is expected to move down to $65.42 million in 2022 with a rate of 8.24 per cent from 2019.

 The global import value of terry fabrics of cotton was $81.84 million in 2017, which grew 7.57 per cent to $88.03 million in 2019. Total imports decreased 3.99 per cent in 2019 over the previous year and is expected to grow to $98.21 million in 2022 with a rate of 11.56 per cent from 2019.

 China ($17.61 million), Turkey ($14.61 million), Germany ($14.20 million) and Vietnam ($4.20 million) were the key exporters of terry fabrics of cotton across the globe in 2019, together comprising 71.01 per cent of total export. These were followed by Pakistan ($3.94 million), India ($3.44 million) and Brazil ($1.90 million).

 From 2016 to 2019, the most notable rate of growth in terms of export value, amongst the main exporting countries, was attained by Turkey (44.92 per cent) and Vietnam (86.98 per cent) only.

Hungary ($15.34 million), Czech Republic ($11.75 million), Japan ($7.29 million) and Indonesia ($6.04 million) were the key importers of terry fabrics of cotton across the globe in 2019, together comprising 45.91 per cent of total import. These were followed by Sri Lanka ($4.30 million), UK ($4.18 million) and Russia ($4.15 million).

0

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

five − 3 =